Export to Image Format
pasting a diagram into MS Office
1. In ProfiCAD select command
Edit - Copy the diagram to clipboard or
Ctrl + B or icon #1. Now switch to the application in which you want to paste the diagram (for instance MS Word) and press
Ctrl + V. The image gets inserted in the document. Now you can change the size, location, position, background color, frame, etc.
2. In the ProfiCAD menu select
File - Export. Select the EMF file format. An .emf file will be stored to your hard drive. The EMF file can be inserted any time to any application (for instance to MS Word).
supported image formats
- PNG - Portable Network Graphics
- EMF - Enhanced Metafile (successor of the WMF - Windows Metafile)
- Whole document - exports the whole document.
- Whole document including the title block.
- Screen - exports only the part of the document, which is currently visible on the screen. Before using this option adjust window size so that the area of the drawing you want to export is visible.
- Automatic - the program automatically selects the minimum size of the document required for displaying all symbols and graphical shapes.
If you export to EMF format, the program automatically selects the automatic export option, regardless the setting you made in the dialog box.
Resolution of the image is determined by the zoom that was active when the export was made - the larger zoom, the higher resolution.
saving to clipboard
You can save the drawing to the Windows clipboard using command Edit - Save to Clipboard or icon #2. The drawing can be then pasted for example into MS Word using shortcut
Ctrl + V.