Images (such us photographs) can be inserted in the document. Supported image formats are BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF and WMF.
To insert an image into the document do one of the following:
- Select an image in Windows explorer, do
Ctrl + C, then
Ctrl + Vin the ProfiCAD drawing.
- Drag and image from Windows explorer to the ProfiCAD drawing
- Use the menu commands
Image. A dialog box allowing you to select the image you want to insert will appear.
- Paste a picture from clipboard
Before you insert an image in the document, adjust the dimensions and resolution of the image in the graphics editor to avoid the increase of the document size. Avoid inserting images with size of many MB.
Pasting pictures from clipboard
The program allows you to insert an image from the Windows clipboard into the drawing. This is the easiest way to get a picture from another source, for example from a PDF catalog.
- In the PDF document, zoom in as much as possible to prevent the picture from being distorted. For example, use the
zoom incommand, or use the mouse wheel while holding the
- Make a screenshot. For Windows 10, press
S. For older systems, press
- Switch to ProfiCAD and press